Skip to content
Follow the steps of this relaxation routine to help relieve some stress!
- Lay flat on your back or sit in a comfortable chair.
- Relax your legs: Raise your leg a few inches; tense your leg and hold for 5 seconds before releasing for 20 seconds. Repeat with your left leg. Repeat with both legs at once.
- Relax your arms, neck, and shoulders: Clench your right hand into a fist and hold for 5 seconds before releasing for 20 seconds. Clench your right hand into a fist again and bend your arm at the elbow, tensing your bicep. Hold and release. Repeat both steps for the left arm and then both arms at once. Hunch up both shoulders, and tense up the neck and shoulders. Hold and release.
- Relax your facial muscles: Raise your eyebrows, hold, and release. Squeeze your eyes shut, hold, and release. Clench your jaw, hold, and release.
- Relax your breathing: Take a deep breath, hold it, and then slowly release it. Repeat, gradually letting your breathing return to normal.
- Relax your mind: Allow your eyes to defocus and count softly from 1 to 5. Repeat several times, gradually speaking more softly. Remain in relaxed position for about 10 minutes. Slowly begin moving again.